Protests In Baltimore Turn Violent Over Death Of Freddie Gray

Although there were small groups carrying out violence, most of the protesters remained peaceful. 5 officers were injured out of the 1200 that were deployed to keep the peace. Police Commissioner Anthony Batts stated that he believes the “very violent agitators” were not from Baltimore. This harkens back to the Ferguson, where riot flames were fanned by many from out of town, from the Black Panthers to the President.

Posted by Patriot Nation on Saturday, April 25, 2015


Video of Arrest

Freddie Gray, 25, died on April 19 — a week after he was injured while being arrested by Baltimore police.Video of the arrest surfaced, protests have broken out and an investigation into his death is under way.

What we know:

* Gray was apprehended April 12 after a foot chase, transported in a van that stopped at least once, and was transported to Shock Trauma from the Western District station. [Full timeline]

* A family attorney says Gray's spine was “80 percent severed.

* Gray died April 19, a week after his arrest.

* Gray repeatedly asked for medical care while in transit. Police said he was carrying a knife and was “arrested without force or incident.”

* Gray's injury suggests there was “forceful trauma,” according to a medical expert.

* Gray was known to police, and was recognized in his neighborhood as a well-liked jokester.

* Police have identified the officers involved.

* The U.S. Department of Justice is opening an investigation into Gray's death.

* Five of six of the officers involved in the arrest have provided statements to Baltimore police.

* Gray's funeral and burial is set for Monday morning.

* In an April 24 news conference, Baltimore Police acknowledged that officers made mistakes during Gray's arrest.

* Police say the investigation into Gray's death will continue even after their findings are delivered to state prosecutors by May 1.

What we don't know:

Were police justified in chasing and arresting Gray?

* Was force used by police in the arrest?

* What happened on the ride in the van?

* How was Gray's spine injured?

* How will the investigations unfold?


500 Feet



Baltimore Police Dept.

Western District


N. Mount St.




N. Fulton Ave.

1 08:39:12 a.m.

An officer pursues Mr. Gray and another person. Both run south.

2 08:39:52 a.m.

A police unit arrives two blocks south and radios, “I got him.”

08:40:12 a.m.

According to the police, Mr. Gray is stopped without the use of force. An officer takes out a Taser and prepares to use it, but never does. Data downloaded from the Taser shows it was never used, Deputy Commissioner Rodriguez said.

08:42 a.m.

A police van is requested. Mr. Gray asks the police for an inhaler.

Officers put Mr. Gray into the back of the van. Full video

08:46 a.m.

The driver of the van believes Mr. Gray is acting irate in the back.

3 08:46 a.m.

The van stops so paperwork can be completed. Mr. Gray is placed in leg restraints and put back in the van.

08:54 a.m.

The van is headed toward Central Booking.

4 08:59 a.m.

The van goes to pick up the other person, who was arrested at 1600 West North Avenue. Police put him in the back of the van with Mr. Gray. The two prisoners are separated by a metal barrier. The van heads to the Western District station.

5 09:24 a.m.

After the van arrives at the Western District station, a medic is called.




  1. Larry

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest