#BoycottTarget Dominates Social Media


Apparently retail giant Target thought they had a public relations issue by not allowing the 0.25% of the population that identifies as transgender to use the restroom of their choice, prompting them to change this policy.  It turns out this is nothing compared to the reaction of a significant portion of the other 99.75% of Americans who don't wish to share — or for their children to share — restrooms or changing rooms with men who identify as women.

Breitbart reports on the #BoycottTarget movement that has gained a lot of traction on social media over the last week.

What began as a corporate statement of solidarity with LGBT activists has morphed into a public relations disaster for Target. On Tuesday, Target stated it “welcomes transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity.” Target added, “Everyone deserves to feel like they belong.”

Then the AFA launched its #BoycottTarget petition. As of Sunday, the AFA says 444,405 individuals have signed a pledge not to shop at Target.

Citizen comments across social media have highlighted the obvious myriad problems with allowing shoppers to self-define their gender. A core criticism has been whether predators will use Target’s transgender policy to gain access to bathrooms or changing rooms with the intent to video or assault customers.

As of Monday evening, the American Family Association pledge to boycott Target has collected over 625,000 signatures.  Although Target's move has garnered support from those on the far left and in the LGBT community, it is unlikely Target anticipated that many people would violate the laws of political correctness and stand up to the liberal tolerance enforcement machine.

See the pledge to boycott Target HERE.

https://youtu.be/cgL0c4B3gr8

 

Source: Breitbart

 



Share

37 Comments

Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest