TSA Gropes Airline Passenger’s Groin So Hard He Urinates Blood, Need Surgery

David Stavropolous was late for his flight, but was calm as he passed through the metal detector at O’Hare Airport in Chicago.  As he stepped through the detector and exited the other side, the TSA agent there decided to pat him down.  He was late, but he agreed all the same.  Much to his surprise, the agent asked him to turn around and spread his legs.  When he did, the TSA agent ran a hand up his inner thigh and struck his groin hard.  Twice.

That led Stavropolous to turn and confront the TSA agent.  He told him that he was injured by the treatment and wanted to see a supervisor.  He was next told that if he did not cooperate, he would be arrested.  Stavropolous was adamant and was then told that he was to step into a separate screening room to be examined in a strip search.  He refused.

“I pulled out a dollar bill,” he said. “I asked if I should go through the scanner one more time and he said no, we’ll do a full body patdown.”

It was during that patdown, he said, that the agent drove a hand into his groin so hard, twice, that he was immediately hit by waves of pain.

“I turned around and said, you injured me,” he said. “I’d like to talk to your supervisor!”

Stavropolous said at first he was threatened with arrest. Then he was told he would have to submit to a strip-search in another area.

“I said if you’re going to do a strip search, I refuse,” he said. “I’ll do it out in the open!”

In the end, he said he was merely subjected to another patdown. But by that point, he had missed his flight.

“I asked at that point, since I was going to miss my flight could I just leave,” he said. “But they made me stay to do the additional patdown.”

Missing his flight was not the worst of it, however, as he realized that the incident had caused him quite of bit of pain, even days after his run-in with the TSA agent.

“I see a urologist once or twice a month,” he said. “I’m still in pain—I still have issues with bleeding.”

In a federal complaint filed Wednesday, Stavropolous detailed how he was stopped after stepping out of a full body scanner by an agent who asked if he had anything in his pockets.

The TSA agents have become more aggressive lately, now that they have gone so long without a reality check of an Inspector General’s (IG) critical walkthrough of their procedures.  The incident with the 13-year-old boy is a perfect example of that overreach as he was subject to 10 minutes of pat-down.  Absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary.

If this continues, the TSA might find itself under the scrutiny of the Department of Justice and with the full docket of actions Jeff Sessions has stacked up right now, he may just make the TSA his priority, if only to let off a little steam.

Source:  NBC5 Chicago



Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest