Sgt. Isaac Shawn Sims, a 26-year-old, third generation army veteran who served two tours of duty in Iraq, died in a gunfight with police this past weekend – he was diagnosed by the VA as having severe PTSD, yet not given treatment.
Earlier this month Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) stated that vets shouldn't own firearms because they could have PTSD, yet the VA isn't treating them properly when they return home.
It's all too obvious that the Obama administration is waging war on our vets and active military, as well-outlined in an article by Constitutional Attorney Michael Connelly, an excerpt is below the video.
As for our government, we have a President of the United States, an administration, and a Congress that seems intent on breaking the morale of our soldiers and destroying their capability of protecting our nation. Their actions support the fact that there is an all-out assault on both our active duty military and our veterans. The elements of this assault consist of:
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued a bulletin to all police agencies in 2009 naming all military veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan as potential domestic terrorists.
- Senator Diane Feinstein declares that all veterans have PTSD and are therefore mentally ill and should not be allowed to own firearms.
- The Veterans Administration in 2009 begins declaring veterans with physical disabilities, minor PTSD, past depression, or who even allow their spouses to pay the family bills as mental defectives incompetent to handle their own financial affairs and forbidding them from owning, purchasing, or possessing firearms. This process is accelerating.
- Obama unilaterally cuts billions of dollars from our military budget without approval of Congress.
- Congress passes legislation authorizing sequestration leading to massive cuts in the military readiness of the United States, and putting us in a position of being incapable of defending our national interests around the world.
- Our military capabilities are being cut in half and we have lost respect around the world. The ridiculous politically correct rules of engagement imposed on our fighting men and women in combat have cost countless American lives.
- High ranking officers in the military who disagree with these policies of the Administration are being purged, and enlisted personnel who utilize their right to free speech to express their concerns are being court martialed and dishonorably discharged.
- The Obama administration has also launched an attack on the very foundation of the success of our military, the profound religious beliefs of most of our troops. Members of the military are being prohibited from practicing their religion even to the point of being denied the right to have bibles in their workplace, mentioning Christmas, or expressing their opposition to radical Islam. Chaplains are having their sermons and even prayers censored to make sure they are politically correct.
- The Veterans Administration that is supposed to represent the interests of our military heroes has slowed down the process of filing claims for benefits to the point where veterans are waiting for months and even years to have their claims processed. In addition, when veterans go to the VA they are being asked if they own firearms, if they have ever been depressed, and if their spouses handle the family finances. Then this information is being used to declare them incompetent and deny them their Constitutional rights under the 5th and 2nd Amendments.
- During both the 2010 and 2012 election cycles the Obama administration through the Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder, actively encouraged Secretaries of State around the country to violate Federal law by failing to timely mail out absentee ballots to active duty military personnel. As a result, hundreds of thousands of military votes were never counted, denying our heroes a basic American right.
- While civilian employees of the Obama administration get pay raises, members of the military and veterans are seeing their pay and benefits cut with the Secretary of Defense promising more cuts to come.
- Military families are also being affected in other ways. Chuck Hagel wants to close commissaries at U. S. bases forcing military families to purchase their groceries from civilian stores where they will pay up to 30% more. In addition, thousands of military spouses work at these commissaries to supplement the family income. They will be losing their jobs.
I could go on with this list because it just scratches the surface. Our military members and our veterans are being hammered by the government they have fought for. They are being denied the medical care they were promised, the respect they are due, and ultimately the constitutional rights they have been defending. Enough is enough, if we allow our military and veterans to be treated this way, how can we expect the government not to turn on all of us.