Remember when the left crucified President Bush for his flyover during the Katrina catastrophe, claiming he had done nothing to help the people of New Orleans? Can you recall Obama's words of disgust, blasting President Bush for “not offering a helping hand?”
Well the tables are turned Mr. President and you have not even done a flyover of the parishes in the Baton Rouge area, but have instead played golf with your celebrity buddies.
Let's reflect on the hypocrisy in the video below….
“When people looked from their rooftops for too long, they saw an empty sky. When the winds blew and the flood waters came, we learned that for all of our wealth and our power, something wasn't right…”
So, Obama, for all of your wealth and power, the skies have remained empty, and you sir have neglected your duty for a day in the sun.
“We can talk about what happened in 2005 and we should…About a president who only saw the people from the window of an airplane, instead of down here on the ground, trying to provide comfort and aid.”
Mr. President, as it turns out, you are not on the ground providing comfort and aid to the people in Louisiana, but Donald Trump is.
“We can talk about a trust that was broken, the promise that our government will be prepared, will protect us and we'll respond in a catastrophe.”
So, let's review.
1) …Spoke directly to the nation PRIOR to the storm, preemptively declaring a federal state of Emergency in Louisiana at the request of the Governor freeing up assets and money in preparation of the storm.
2) …Coordinated directly with the National Hurricane Center, FEMA, Department of Homeland Security and affected Governors to best prepare for impact and recovery.
3) …Cut his “vacation” short and returned to White House — while still keeping a long standing commitment to thank those who fought for our country on the anniversary of V-J Day in San Diego.
4) …Took responsibility for the response – good and bad, committed to rebuild Louisiana – and did. Passed and signed legislation committing over $52 billion dollars to revitalize the Gulf Coast. Mrs. Laura Bush personally raised millions of dollars to restock and restore the area’s devastated libraries.
Obama, on the other hand…
1) …Played 8 rounds of golf since arriving in Martha’s Vineyard on August 6th.
2) According to the Associated Press: “President Barack Obama did something unusual during his summer vacation on Martha’s Vineyard: He went out on the town four nights in a row.”
3) …Hit the beach – “The presidential motorcade departed at 1:18 PM and arrived shortly after at a private beach off Pohogonot Road in Edgartown.”