BuzzFeeder Benny Johnson shared a great post for the 4th of July that really merits a look. Here are some of his pointers:
We are a generation winding down from a decade of war.
There is a really good chance you know someone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan. Here are some nice ways to welcome them home or just say thank you.
- Look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake. No one appreciates a firm handshake more than a soldier.
- Admire their medals. They were hard-earned.
- Always treat their families with great respect.
- They have been through more than you could imagine.
- Laugh with them!
- Laughter is a medicine that works 102% of the time.
- Sometimes it’s important that you treat a soldier the way you would treat anyone else.
- Listening is often the best gift you can give someone.
- Make sure you are respectful.
- But if you only have a minute, look them square in the eye…
- And say, “Thank you.”
Source: Benny Johnson on BuzzFeed
Photo: Liveleak.com, YouTube.com